Terms & Conditions
VICTORIAN TRAINING GUARANTEE (VTG)
- I declare that the information provided in this enrolment form including all relevant and required documentation and also including the student’s declaration is to the best of my knowledge true, correct and complete at the time of my enrolment.
- I declare that I have been made aware of the availability of the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) and have been given the opportunity to provide evidence to show possible eligibility for this.
- I understand why I have been deemed eligible/not eligible for the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) and understand and agree with the process undertaken and the outcome.
- I understand and agree to the Statement of Fees as recorded including due dates for payment.
- I declare that (unless I have declared so and thus been found to be not eligible for the Victorian Training Guarantee) I have not commenced and are not to be scheduled to commence two or more Victorian Government subsidised courses in 2016.
- I understand and acknowledge that providing any false information and/or failing to disclose any information relevant to my application for enrolment and /or failure to complete an application / enrolment form may result in; the withdrawal of any offer, particularly as it relates to my eligibility to obtain an offer for government subsidised training, and/or cancellation of enrolment at the discretion of Complex Institute of Education.
- I authorise Complex Institute of Education to check all available records to confirm that information provided is correct, particularly information pertaining to my eligibility for the Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG).
All Applications for Refunds and student Cancellations/Withdrawals must be made in writing to the Business Support Services Manager
A Refund Application Form and student Cancellation/Withdrawal Form can be located on the website at www.complexinstitute.edu.au
This is a National Refund Policy and covers all funding models offered by Complex Institute of Education, as well as students funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd
2) Complex Institute of Education Provider Default:
If Complex Institute of Education cancels the course at any stage during the period of enrolment (prior to the beginning of the course commencement), a refund will be provided based on the following:
- A full Refund of all fees paid to that date prior to the commencement of the course. Students may also choose to be placed in a course at a later date with these fees being fully transferable.
- Students will not incur a refund administration fee of $50
- For students who are funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, Complex Institute of Education will refund all student monies owing directly to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd. Students will not incur a refund administration fee of $50
3) Student initiated Cancellation/Withdrawal:
All Refunds made by Complex Institute of Education will incur a refund administration fee of $50 with any refunds approved to the student will be sent in the form of a Complex Institute of Education company cheque.
Our Refunds policy is subject to the following conditions:
- This refund policy is applicable to all Fee for Service Students and State Government Funded students who are non-concession and have paid more than $300 in tuition fees, this also includes students who are funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you advise Complex Institute of Education in writing, no less than 2 working days prior to the commencement of the course, that you will not be undertaking the course, we will provide a full refund less the above refund administration fee. For students who are funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, Complex Institute of Education will refund all student monies owing directly to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, less a refund administration fee of $50, and your 10% deposit.
- If you withdraw from the course from Day 1 and up to 25% of the course duration, you will be charged $300, in addition to your 10% deposit, and are required to maintain your repayments to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you withdraw from the course after completing 25% and up to 50% of the course duration, you will be charged 50% of the full “Fee for Service” cost of the course in addition to your 10% deposit and are required to maintain your repayments to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you withdraw from the course after completing 50% or more of the course duration, you will be charged the full “Fee for Service” cost of the course and are required to maintain your repayments to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you have enrolled and paid any course fee via our online service, the above points will apply to any refund request.
- You will need to apply for a refund in writing via a Refund Application Form and the refund will be sent in the form of a Complex Institute of Education company cheque. This cheque will be addressed to the name and address listed on the enrolment application form.
- Where students have been asked to leave the classroom and not re-join for behavioural or discipline reasons the above refund policy will also apply
4) State Government Funded Student Initiated Withdrawal/Cancellation:
- If a Student provides written notice to withdraw from a portion of the course, only the units completed and claimed by Complex Institute of Education will be recognised through a Statement of Attainment.
- No payments will be made to students from any government or third party funding.
- The above student initiated Cancellation/withdrawal refund policy, will apply for VTG funded students who have paid in excess of $300
- For any enrolment/tuition fees paid under $300 prior to beginning the course and a student notifies of a course cancellation prior to course commencement, all enrolment/tuition fees paid, will be forfeited once the course has commenced.
5) In all other circumstances Complex Institute of Education will:
- Ensure that students receive a refund of fees for services not provided, including services not provided as a result of financial failure of Complex Institute of Education ;
- Ensure that the Refund policy is fair and equitable to the circumstances in which it may apply;
- Ensure that the contractual and financial relationship between the student and Complex Institute of Education is fully and properly documented and that copies of the documentation are made available to the student at all times.
6) Applying for a Refund:
- All Applications for Refunds and Student Cancellations must be made in writing to the Business Support Services Manager
- A Refund Application Form and Student Cancellation/Withdrawal Form can be located on the website at www.complexinstitute.edu.au
- The application for a refund must include a reason and must include supporting official documentation of the student’s circumstances for withdrawal/cancellation plus a contact name and telephone number to enable Complex Institute of Education to validate the application.
- Date of Cancellation/Withdrawal is the date the written request is received by Complex Institute of Education Business Support Services Manager.
- A student should apply for a refund as soon as possible after notice of cancellation/ withdrawal is submitted (if eligible)
- All refunds will be paid as soon as possible and no later than five (5) working days from an approved Cancellation /Withdrawal notification. This will occur only when the supporting official documentation have been validated within this timeframe.
7) All tuition fees and charges are payable in Australian Dollars (AUD$) and must be paid in full prior to a student attaining their Qualification or Statement of Attainment.
8) All fees and charges must be paid in advance, up to $1500, by the date shown on this Enrolment Form and/or any outstanding Invoices prior to any student attaining their Qualification or Statement of Attainment.
9) If students need to repeat a unit(s) after being given two attempts at assessments and they are still deemed Not Yet Competent (NYC), a $90 per unit tuition fee is payable, in advance, at the discretion of Complex Institute of Education’s Management.
10) Payments can be made by EFTPOS, Visa, MasterCard or Cash.
11) If a third party is paying any or the whole amount of your tuition fees, an “Authority to
Invoice” or similar documentation must be obtained by our Business Support Services staff prior to commencement date of your course. Complex Institute of Education accepts no responsibility for the delays or other factors associated in obtaining this documentation.
12) Replacement qualification testamurs will be provided at a cost of $40. Replacement Responsible Service of Alcohol or First Aid Statements will be provided at a cost of $10.
13) I have been made aware of the following fee information by Complex Institute of Education:
- The total amount of all fees including tuition fees, administration fees, materials fees and any other charges;
- Payment terms, including the timing and amount of fees to be paid and any non-refundable deposit/administration fee;
- The nature of the guarantee given by Complex Institute of Education to complete the training and /or assessment once the student has commenced study in their chosen qualification or course.
14) Complex Institute of Education gives a guarantee that with the exception of unforeseen circumstances beyond its control, every effort will be made to deliver training and assessment services and meet desired qualification outcomes as agreed. Where cancellation has occurred prior to the commencement of a course due to organisational or external constraints that are no fault of the student all monies paid are to be fully refunded. Where cancellation has occurred after the commencement of a course due to organisational or external constraints that are no fault of the student all monies paid for the portion of study not yet completed are to be fully refunded.
15) As per the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015, Clause 7.3:
- Complex Institute of Education may only accept payment of up to $1500 from each individual student prior to the commencement of the course. (Before day 1)
- Following course commencement, (from day 1) Complex Institute of Education may require payment of additional fees in advance from the student but only such that at any given time, the total amount required to be paid which is attributable to tuition or other services yet to be delivered to the student does not exceed $1,500.
- The date set for 1st payment must be met as agreed to and as stated in a Payment Plan Agreement. Where this payment is not made students may not be allowed to continue their training past this date. A Statement of Attainment would then be issued for the Units that were paid for as part of the deposit and successfully completed up to this time.
- The date set for final payment must be met as agreed to and as stated in a Payment Plan Agreement. Where this payment is not made students may not be allowed to continue their training past this date. A Statement of Attainment would then be issued for the units that were paid for through the deposit and 1st payment made and successfully completed up to this time.
LANGUAGE,LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
- I understand and agree that my Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) skills must be assessed prior to my enrolment being accepted.
- I declare that I have been fairly assessed against my current skills and LLN levels whilst completing this enrolment process. I have discussed my assessment with the Enrolment Officer from Complex Institute of Education and I agree to any support strategies as required to aid me in completing my desired qualification with Complex Institute of Education.
- I understand that these strategies may include external support and that entry into training courses may not be permitted until sufficient LLN levels are shown. I understand and agree that this assessment form may be shown to third parties in order to secure any external.
TRAINING PLAN AND TRAINING SCHEDULE
17) I have been provided with suitable information on the course structure and units of competency and agree that the Training Plan and Training Schedule provided are appropriate to meet my needs. I have been provided with sufficient evidence to make informed decisions in regards to enrolling in my chosen qualification including the processes of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Course Credit via Credit Transfer have been discussed and made available to me.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – IF APPLICABLE
I hereby agree to participate in the required physical activities and exercises as required for certification within the qualifications conducted by Complex Institute of Education on the basis of the terms and conditions set out below:
18) I hereby acknowledge an understanding of and agree to participate in physical demanding activities that if done incorrectly could be detrimental to my health. I fully understand that it is my responsibility to notify my trainer/assessor of any activities or exercises that I believe will be at the detriment of my current physical health so that appropriate reasonable adjustment can be made.
19) I acknowledge that the training, while conducted in the safest possible conditions and under qualified supervision, involves physical contact and inherent risks and I accept those risks. I agree to conduct myself in a safe and mature manner in accordance with the instructions from my instructor.
20) I confirm I am physically capable of participating in this training and that I have no existing medical condition which should reasonably preclude my participation and ability to show competence.
21) I agree to release and indemnify Complex Institute of Education, its proprietors, agents and officers, and Complex Institute of Education Pty Ltd, including all instructors, staff members, and students from any liability whatsoever in connection with my participation in the required physical activities and exercises within the training program. Without limitation, this includes all loss or damage or injury incurred as a direct or indirect result of my participation.
22) I agree that I voluntarily assume all risks involved in these training sessions and agree that I will fulfil my duty of care and conduct myself in an appropriate manner and will always act in a manner that is in the best interests of fellow students and Complex Institute of Education.
23) I declare that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the information contained in this document is true, correct and complete. If during the course of the training any further medical or physical conditions are known it is my responsibility to notify my trainer/assessor of these and not take part in any activities that may be reasonably seen to cause additional health problems.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER (USI)
- I understand that since 1 January 2015 all students who undertake Vocational Education and Training in Australia must hold a USI. I understand that if I do not hold a USI, then by law Complex Institute of Education cannot issue me with a Qualification or Statement of Attainment. If I have not provided a USI on this enrolment form, I grant permission for Complex Institute of Education to obtain one for me on my behalf pursuant to sub-section 9(2) of the Student Identifiers Act 2014. I understand if I do not wish to obtain a USI and will apply for an exemption at www.usi.gov.au via a Statutory Declaration. I will inform Complex Institute of Education of the outcome of that application from the Student Identifiers Registrar immediately once received by me.
- I understand and agree that if I do not have a USI, I will not be permitted to commence training.
USI PRIVACY NOTICE
25) If you do not already have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) and you want Complex Institute of Education to apply for a USI to the Student Identifiers Registrar (Registrar) on your behalf, Complex Institute of Education will provide to the Registrar the following items of personal information about you:
- your name, including first or given name(s), middle name(s) and surname or family name as they appear in an identification document;
- your date of birth, as it appears, if shown, in the chosen document of identity;
- your city or town of birth;
- your country of birth;
- your gender; and
- your contact details.
When we apply for a USI on your behalf the Registrar will verify your identity. The Registrar will do so through the Document Verification Service (DVS) managed by the Attorney-General's Department which is built into the USI online application process if you have documents such as a Medicare card, birth certificate, driver licence, Australian passport, citizenship document, certificate of registration by descent, ImmiCard or Australian entry visa.
If you do not have a document suitable for the DVS and we are authorised to do so by the Registrar we may be able to verify your identity by other means. If you do not have any of the identity documents mentioned above, and we are not authorised by the Registrar to verify your identity by other means, we cannot apply for a USI on your behalf and you should contact the Student Identifiers Registrar.
In accordance with section 11 of the Student Identifiers Act 2014 Cth (SI Act), we will securely destroy personal information which we collect from you solely for the purpose of applying for a USI on your behalf as soon as practicable after the USI application has been made or the information is no longer needed for that purpose, unless we are required by or under any law to retain it.
The personal information about you that we provide to the Registrar, including your identity information, is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 Cth (Privacy Act). The collection, use and disclosure of your USI are protected by the SI Act.
If you ask Complex Institute of Education to make an application for a student identifier on your behalf, Complex Institute
of Education will have to declare that
Complex Institute of Education has complied with certain terms and conditions
to be able to access the online student identifier portal and submit this
application, including a declaration that Complex Institute of Education has
given you the following privacy notice:
You are advised and agree that you understand and consent that the personal information you provide to us in connection with your application for a USI:
Is collected by the Registrar for the purposes of:
- applying for, verifying and giving a USI;
- resolving problems with a USI; and
- creating authenticated vocational education and training (VET) transcripts;
May be disclosed to:Commonwealth and State/Territory government departments and agencies and statutory bodies performing functions relating to VET for:
- the purposes of administering and auditing Vocational Education and Training (VET), VET providers and VET programs;
- education related policy and research purposes; and
- to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
- VET Regulators to enable them to perform their VET regulatory functions;
- VET Admission Bodies for the purposes of administering VET and VET programs;
- Current and former Registered Training Organisations to enable them to deliver VET courses to the individual, meet their reporting obligations under the VET standards and government contracts and assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies;
- Schools for the purposes of delivering VET courses to the individual and reporting on these courses;
- The National Centre for Vocational Education Research for the purpose of creating authenticated VET transcripts, resolving problems with USIs and for the collection, preparation and auditing of national VET statistics; o researchers for education and training related research purposes;
- Any other person or agency that may be authorised or required by law to access the information;
- Any entity contractually engaged by the Student Identifiers Registrar to assist in the performance of his or her functions in the administration of the USI system; and
- Will not otherwise be disclosed without your consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
USI Privacy Policies and Complaints
COMPLEX INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION PRIVACY STATEMENT
26) Complex Institute of Education is committed to protecting students’ right to privacy. Where relevant, information is collected and disclosed to appropriate bodies to determine and verify students’ eligibility for funded places, previous qualifications; individual welfare needs, plus report any details of Student enrolment. CIE’s full Privacy Statement can also be located on our website https://complexinstitute.edu.au/privacy-statement.
VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT VET STUDENT ENROLMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
27) I understand that:The Victorian Government, through the Department of Education and Training (the Department), develops, monitors and funds vocational education and training (VET) in Victoria. The Victorian Government is committed to ensuring that Victorians have access to appropriate and relevant VET services. Any personal information collected by the Department for VET purposes is protected in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic). Collection of your data Complex institute of Education is required to provide the Department with student and training activity data. This includes personal information collected in the Complex institute of Education enrolment form and unique identifiers such as the Victorian Student Number (VSN) and the Commonwealth’s Unique Student Identifier (USI). Complex institute of Education provides data to the Department in accordance with the Victorian VET Student Statistical Collection Guidelines, available at:
Use of your data
The Department uses student and training data, including personal information, for a range of VET purposes including administration, monitoring and planning.A student’s USI may be used for specific VET purposes including the verification of student data provided by Complex institute of Education the administration and audit of VET providers and programs; education-related policy and research purposes; and to assist in determining eligibility for training subsidies. Disclosure of your data As necessary and where lawful, the Department may disclose VET data, including personal information, to its contractors, other government agencies, professional bodies and/or other organisations for VET-related purposes. In particular, this includes disclosure of VET student and training data to the Commonwealth and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER).
Legal and RegulatoryThe Department’s collection and handling of enrolment data and VSNs is authorised under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic). The Department is also authorised to collect and handle USIs in accordance with the Student Identifiers Act 2014 (Cth) and the Student Identifiers Regulation 2014 (Cth).
You may be contacted to participate in a survey conducted by NCVER or a Department-endorsed project, audit or review relating to your training. This provides valuable feedback on the delivery of VET programs in Victoria.
Consequences of not providing your information
Failure to provide your personal information may mean that it is not possible for you to enrol in VET and/or to obtain a Victorian Government VET subsidy
Access, correction and complaints
You have the right to seek access to or correction of your own personal information. You may also complain if you believe your privacy has been breached. For more information in relation to how student information may be used or disclosed please contact Complex Institute of Education’s Privacy Officer (Quality Assurance & Compliance Manager) on phone 1800 441 677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the way the Department collects and handles personal information, including access, correction and complaints, go to: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/Pages/privacypolic...
28) COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
The full Complaints and Appeals policy and procedure adopted by Complex Institute of Education can be accessed on the website www.complexinstitute.edu.au
An overview of the process implemented is as follows:
Purpose: The policy covers the requirements of the ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015 Clauses 6.1 – 6.6, Manage Complaints and Appeals. Complex Institute of Education will provide a fair and transparent means of making formal complaints and appealing academic and related decisions is an integral part of all training an assessment provided to students.The policy provides clear and practical guidelines to ensure that complaints and appeals lodged with Complex Institute of Education can be resolved, equitably and efficiently, in accordance with the principles of natural justice. The policy will manage and respond to allegations involving the conduct of Complex Institute of Education, its trainers, assessors or other staff, or students of Complex Institute of Education. Complex institute of Education also recognises that student complaints can also be anonymous. No action relating to an enrolment status is to be taken until such time as the complaint has been resolved. However, Complex institute of Education Management retains the right to take such steps as may be necessary to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the student and/or of others. Student’s unsatisfied with the result or conduct of Complex Institute of Education’s internal appeals processes may access an external appeal process which is independent, impartial and provided at no or minimal cost to the student.
29) ACCESS AND EQUITY
Complex Institute of Education is committed to access and equity principles and processes in the delivery of its services and working environment in accordance with Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (amended June 2015), Equal Opportunity Act 2010, Racial Discrimination Act 1975(amended January 2014), VIC Anti-Discrimination Act, Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and Disability Standards for Education 2005.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
30) I understand that I must comply with policies and Terms and Conditions of Enrolment of Complex Institute of Education and agree that I have reviewed these within the Student Information Handbook before making this application for enrolment. I understand that these will be re-iterated at the commencement of course through the induction and that I must attend class and meet the requirements of the Training Plan and Training Schedule.
31) I agree to pay all fees owing on or before the due date.
32) I agree that Complex Institute of Education may use my image and testimonials in its advertising/marketing materials at their discretion. If I do not agree to this I understand that this is to be made clear to Complex Institute of Education on enrolment.
33) I understand that I must arrive at Complex Institute of Education on time for the student Orientation Program and where this does not occur I may be excluded from entering the class.
34) I understand that Complex Institute of Education delivers its courses through day and evening sessions 8:00am to 10:00pm. I have been made aware of the available days and times currently set for my intended qualification and understand that this may be altered on the agreement of both parties due to operational restrictions.
35) Complex Institute of Education shall be under no liability whatsoever to any student for any injury, loss or damage sustained at or upon the School’s premises howsoever caused and whether in respect of any negligent act or omission by Complex Institute of Education, its employees, agents, servants or otherwise.
36) I understand that as part of my qualification there may be class excursions and class sessions external to the classroom required and I understand that there are inherent risks involved. I agree that I voluntarily assume all risks involved in these training sessions and/or excursions and that I will not hold Complex Institute of Education responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the excursion including travel to and from the location. Travel to and from the location will be at the expense of yourself unless otherwise agreed.
37) I understand that where a staff member at Complex Institute of Education reasonably believes that an ambulance is required in relation to my personal health, one will be called with all associated costs the responsibility of you the individual signing this agreement and not Complex Institute of Education or its representatives.
38) I understand that for student safety reasons my footage may be recorded by camera whilst in the academic areas at Complex Institute of Education.
39) I declare that I have been made aware of the availability of Credit Transfer (CT) Recognition of Current Competence (RCC) and Recognition Prior Learning (RPL) with these options discussed with and explained to me and I understand that where applicable I may gain credit for past qualifications/units completed and that any competencies that are specific to the course outcomes that have been previously acquired by myself through formal, informal or workplace learning may be assessed through the process of RPL.
40) I agree to and have been informed through this enrolment process and via the Student Information Handbook (which I have read and understood); the training, assessment and support services that will be provided and also about my rights and obligations as a student.
41) I am aware that there is a possibility of receiving an NCVER survey and/or an invitation to participate in an endorsed project and/or being contacted by the Commission for audit purposes.
42) I agree to be contacted by Complex Institute of Education as future courses and other offerings become available that may be of interest to me.
43) I understand that Complex Institute of Education collects, analyses, and acts on relevant data for continuous improvement of training and assessment and that as part of this process I may be asked to provide feedback on my experience both during and after the completion of my course. I understand that this feedback helps Complex Institute of Education to continuously improve client services by collecting, analysing and acting on relevant data.
44) I am aware that the classes will not be conducted if insufficient numbers of students have enrolled. If this occurs I agree that I have read and understood Complex Institute of Education’s Cancellation and Refund policy.
45) I understand that all work submitted as part of the course completed becomes the property of Complex Institute of Education and will be kept on file and not be returned. My records of Statement of Attainment of units of competency and Qualifications will be retained for a period of 30 years.
46) I hereby authorise Complex Institute of Education to release any information concerning my time here to:
- any government department, providing confidentiality is assured;
- apprenticeship authorities and my employer if I am undertaking apprenticeship studies;
- my employment service provider which has referred me to complete this study, where relevant
- in line with National Principles of the Fair Handling of personal information
47) INDUSTRY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
I have read the Important Information Section of the Student Information Handbook and understand that for specific job roles e.g. security, there are licensing requirements that I must meet. I understand that Complex Institute of Education endeavours to provide all relevant information in relation to the licensing application process yet understand that it is my responsibility to fully research these requirements and disclose any relevant information. I understand that Complex Institute of Education cannot influence a licensing body decision on whether individuals will be accepted for licences at the completion of my studies.
I understand that information in regards to security licence requirements can be found at www.police.vic.gov.au for Victoria or Queensland https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regulated-industri...
I have read the Important Information Section of the Student Information Handbook and understand the Practical Placement requirements of certain Complex institute of Education qualifications.
48) THIRD PARTY IDENTITY VERIFICATION SERVICE