Cancellation & Refund Policy
All Applications for Refunds and student Cancellations/Withdrawals must be made in writing to the Business Support Services Manager
The Cancellation and Refund Application Form can be located at the bottom of this page, to download this form please click on the link.
This is a National Refund Policy and covers all funding models offered by Complex Institute of Education , as well as students funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd
Complex Institute of Education Provider Default:
If Complex Institute of Education cancels the course at any stage during the period of enrolment (prior to the beginning of the course commencement), a refund will be provided based on the following:
- A full Refund of all fees paid to that date prior to the commencement of the course. Students may also choose to be placed in a course at a later date with these fees being fully transferable.
- Students will not incur a refund administration fee of $50
- For students who are funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, Complex Institute of Education will refund all student monies owing directly to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd. Students will not incur a refund administration fee of $50
Student initiated Cancellation/Withdrawal:
All Refunds made by Complex Institute of Education will incur a refund administration fee of $50 with any refunds approved to the student will be sent in the form of a Complex Institute of Education company cheque. Our Refunds policy is subject to the following conditions:
- This refund policy is applicable to all Fee for Service Students and State Government Funded students who are non-concession and have paid more than $300 in tuition fees, this also includes students who are funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you advise Complex Institute of Education in writing, no less than 2 working days prior to the commencement of the course, that you will not be undertaking the course, we will provide a full refund less the above refund administration fee. For students who are funded by Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, Complex Institute of Education will refund all student monies owing directly to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd, less a refund administration fee of $50, and your 10% deposit.
- If you withdraw from the course from Day 1 and up to 25% of the course duration, you will be charged $300, in addition to your 10% deposit, and are required to maintain your repayments to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you withdraw from the course after completing 25% and up to 50% of the course duration, you will be charged 50% of the full “Fee for Service” cost of the course in addition to your 10% deposit and are required to maintain your repayments to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you withdraw from the course after completing 50% or more of the course duration, you will be charged the full “Fee for Service” cost of the course and are required to maintain your repayments to Certegy Ezi-Pay Pty Ltd.
- If you have enrolled and paid any course fee via our online service, the above points will apply to any refund request.
- You will need to apply for a refund in writing via a Refund Application Form and the refund will be sent in the form of a Complex Institute of Education company cheque. This cheque will be addressed to the name and address listed on the enrolment application form.
- Where students have been asked to leave the classroom and not re-join for behavioural or discipline reasons the above refund policy will also apply
State Government Funded Student Initiated Withdrawal/Cancellation
- If a Student provides written notice to withdraw from a portion of the course, only the units completed and claimed by Complex Institute of Education will be recognised through a Statement of Attainment.
- No payments will be made to students from any government or third party funding.
- The above student initiated Cancellation/withdrawal refund policy, will apply for SKILLS FIRST PROGRAM funded students who have paid in excess of $300
- For any enrolment/tuition fees paid under $300 prior to beginning the course and a student notifies of a course cancellation prior to course commencement, all enrolment/tuition fees paid, will be forfeited once the course has commenced.
In all other circumstances Complex Institute of Education will:
- Ensure that students receive a refund of fees for services not provided, including services not provided as a result of financial failure of Complex Institute of Education ;
- Ensure that the Refund policy is fair and equitable to the circumstances in which it may apply;
- Ensure that the contractual and financial relationship between the student and Complex Institute of Education is fully and properly documented and that copies of the documentation are made available to the student at all times.
APPLYING FOR A REFUND
All Applications for Refunds and Student Cancellations must be made in writing to the Business Support Services Manager
- A Refund Application Form and Student Cancellation/Withdrawal Form can be located on the website at the bottom of this page.
- The application for a refund must include a reason and must include supporting official documentation of the student’s circumstances for withdrawal/cancellation plus a contact name and telephone number to enable Complex Institute of Education to validate the application.
- Date of Cancellation/Withdrawal is the date the written request is received by Complex Institute of Education Business Support Services Manager.
- A student should apply for a refund as soon as possible after notice of cancellation/ withdrawal is submitted (if eligible)
- All refunds will be paid as soon as possible and no later than five (5) working days from an approved Cancellation /Withdrawal notification. This will occur only when the supporting official documentation have been validated within this timeframe.